Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Father's Power




I believe in the Father's power in my life and I believe everything in His Word.  It is a wellspring of life to my spirit!  

It is food for my soul and I need to be immersed in it as much as I am able!
I love its transforming power in me and how when I ask the Father for something in my life that is also His desire, He will give it to me.

I have over the years asked Him for contentment in all things and I believe with all of my heart that He is mightily working this in me.
  
I have learned to focus on Him and what I am to Him and not the world around me. 

I have learned to want what He wants and not what I want.

I am learning the importance of joyful obedience to Him and wanting to please Him instead of my flesh. 

I am learning to be aware of self pity and those dark places the evil one would want me to go. 

I have learned that I want to live more for eternity than for this temporary world that will pass away.

I am learning to ask Him to give me His eyes and not be mislead by what I see.  

I have learned that my Father is faithful in everything and deserves my all.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Nice job with using 'the Father' rather than any other name. Good!

    ReplyDelete