Tuesday, November 27, 2012

One Thousand Gifts November/December

Last Year My Dear Daughter presented me with a wonderful gift that slowly THRUST me into Beginning Each Day in a state of Thankfulness!  I can share today that even with recent struggles that I have entailed, that I STILL have planted myself on doing a 360 and really seeing so much to be THANKFUL for!  So today I have given myself a DARE that should be a fun way to end 2012.  I will list 25 gifts for the next four days and in December I will list 30 gifts each day.  I have decided that not all will be spiritual, some will be SILLY and FUN and some will be SERIOUS and less FLEETING.  So here I go with the first TWENTY-FIVE.

Some of my gifts today:

1.  My work office being closed this week, so I can go in earlier in bummy clothes
    and get a lot done without too many interruptions.

2.  Good tasting bean coffee this morning.

3.  A heart laugh first thing this morning when I turned on the radio to WORD and once 
     again the message was on Phillipians!  For some reason God keeps bringing me to this
     book over and over again, lately.  Today I decided I need to ask Him what He wants me
     to do regarding this book.  (A few times I have had the thought of memorization....)

4.  Being totally in awe of the fresh falling snow this morning.  Eventually got out there
     before work to just "stand there."

5.  Love reading "Come Away My Beloved" in the morning...a sweet friend gave me this 
     treasure this year!

6.  Listened to K-Love this morning at work.

7.  Learning from the Holy Spirit to pray God's Word over myself more, and from that I
     have been so full of JOY the last few days!

8. Sat down later this afternoon to read a "Sparkling Gem" and my hubby came in and 
    presented me with my favorite drink of a PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE!   What a treat!

9.  Reflecting today of the precious time with sisters in prayer last night.  I love these 
     women, they are gifts to me.

10. WeChatted with Cara a little today.

11.  Really like working with two young ladies, Connie and Megan.  We have a ball 
      together at work!  

12. Finally finishing a two skein scarf today.

13. Seeing pictures of my family in my home make me SMILE!

14. Glenn got a deer and has begun the jerky process.  YUM!

15. Ate a really juicy Sunkist orange today.

16. Had fun putting together a package to send to California.

17. Having leftover crock pot stew for dinner.

18. Love listening to a variety of Christmas music.

19. God continues to stir me to memorize designated Scripture I believe He knows I 
      will need.

20.  Loving the fruit of recent answered prayers.

21. So thankful for what I learn from my daughter!  She challenges me and I love it.

22. Finding "Jesus" books I want to send to Madeline for Christmas.

23. Knowing that I just need to please God in my life.

24. Talking to a friend in China this morning.

25.  Colorful sunset out back tonite.

This is just in a ten hour period!  I could list more, but I will keep to my challenge for myself of One Thousand Gifts by the end of the year!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea!!! Totally probably going to steal this, at least for a few days. You're so smart! MUAH! xoxo

    ReplyDelete