Monday, September 24, 2012

my address of faith

The whole eleventh chapter of Hebrews is about people who lived "in" faith, and my devotion last week gave me an additional perspective I never considered before.  It's the "in" part.  

Each man and woman mentioned in this chapter received a word from God for their lives.
Although it was difficult to do, they held tightly to their mandate from Heaven. 

FAITH was the location where they lived - and because they stayed in that place
where God had called them to be, they brought great pleasure to Him.

This is discipline: the only way to stay "in" faith is to keep my eyes 
fixed on Jesus!
The evil one is always trying to discourage me from being steadfast and faithful.
He is always orchestrating situations to make me take my eyes off Jesus
and to fill me with fear and doubt.
If I let the enemy's plan succeed, it won't be long before I pack my bags
and move "out" of faith to slum areas of defeat where I
will not please God.

I am determined each day to depend on God to never leave the address
of faith where God wants me to live!
I am diligently refusing to allow the evil one to fix my eyes on the
circumstances.  I will not take the enemy's path that leads me straight
"out" of faith!

When circumstances try to knock me "out" of faith, I am clinging to Jesus
and I have a fierce, unwavering commitment that I am not going to leave 
where God has called me.

I am making every effort I can to stay at my address of faith and I know I
am living in the most beneficial place for my life.  I am living where God
can bless me!



And without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he who comes to God
must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6





No comments:

Post a Comment