Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I WAS NOT FASHIONED FOR THIS WORLD


I was truly not created for this world and the Holy Spirit has been impressing this on my mind daily. You see, I know that I was not made: to keep a house spotless, or to "shop 'til I drop", to accumulate stuff, to be continually entertained, to"keep up with the Jones',to live comfortably, to be deceived that outer beauty is prime, to have the most current fashions, to be rich when most of my brothers and sisters are hungry, to fight against aging, to be desensitized to sinful behavior, to be politically correct, to ignore my neighbor, to not be obedient to my LORD and not care, to forget what my Savior did on the cross, to be indifferent to the thousands of people going to hell each day.


 I believe this.  God's Word is clear in Colossians 1:16.


For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on  earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities— all things have been created through Him and for Him.
And it will someday,pass away.

I was created for my God, and I will do my best in Jesus' strength to remember that this world is not my home.
By His grace,
I choose the better way...
to live for my eternal home!

No comments:

Post a Comment